Thursday, November 4, 2010

Halloween nostalgia, already




The Kids were prepped hours before, undressed and returned to their costumes. As is hopefully evident, River is Max and Ruby a "wild thing" from "Where the Wild Things Are." Both joined their cousins and Aunt and Uncle to tour my childhood neighborhood until River was burdened by his loaded plastic pumpkin and began rejected the candy offerings.
His bounty is dwindling, thankfully, as the items are being parceled at the most inappropriate times - nights before Mama has
adventures planned... meltdowns have not been averted by sugar-loaded these days.
Still, River and I made amends for the grandest of meltdowns this week when he played with my hair and said, "I love you Mama" while I was nursing Ruby. It's all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment