Tuesday, December 16, 2008

JASNA - Happy Birthday Jane Austin



Today is Jane Austin's 133rd birthday. She died at the age of 42, actually, which was the forcefully favored number of a grade school friend of mine. KP loved the number 42 and anything Giraffe. Today, Jane's birthday is celebrated with tea (and Debenshire cream, naturally) and luncheoning the world-over. Promptly,I must return a pile of books to the little library in the area, and I need a new book. I am grimacing as I admit this, being a recognized reader of classics, but I have never read an Austin. There is really no reason for my neglect. Today, I will pick one up. Afterall, this may be my last bout of fiction leisure for a while.
Today;s photo is of a collection, a menagerie rather, of bridal cake-toppers enshrined in a magical museum called Tinkertown in the Sandia Mts. east of Albuquerque.

No comments:

Post a Comment